Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Our neighbours in the flat above went away for a long weekend, and it was absolute bliss. Shall I describe them a bit? Well, they wake up at about 6 am and it starts from there. They don't walk, they stomp. Constantly, back and forth across the flat. I swear they barely leave the house, and they sure as heck never seem to flop out on the sofa with a cup of tea. I don't sit around worrying about it or anything, but it does get pretty annoying sometimes.

On very rare occasions, I don't mind the stomping. This is when it's 3 am, and some late night revellers are still partying outside our building, blasting Guns 'N Roses from their car to keep the party going. You can time it - 10 seconds after the noise starts, she stomps over to the window. I don't mind it then, because I know she's probably calling the police or someone like that, and it means we don't have to.

We know we're not imagining things, because when people come to visit, they always look up with alarm when they first hear it. She's also been known to do extra on-the-spot stomping when they think the music is too loud, which always bugs me as not only do we take care to never play it *very* loud, especially if it's late - but I never complain when she blares the Corrs and Westlife.

Anyhow, they got back last night - you couldn't miss it really. I must have noise karma though, because some roadworks fired up outside at 7 pm and we had to put up with drilling for 45 minutes. Even worse, they came back at 5 AM (!!) and started up again for a good half hour, which prevented us from getting a good night's sleep. There's no way that can be legal...

This time, I'm not going to leave it just to Stompy. I've emailed the council to complain, but I'm also trying to find a good site that has info on relevant legislation. (If you know of any, get in touch...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home