Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Manchester's European christmas markets start on Thursday. I love them because they officially kick off the festive season for me. I'm not into most of the crafts that are for sale, and some of the goodie stalls sell items that you can already get at delis in town for cheaper, but there's nothing more pleasant than going for a german sausage (grilled on a giant, round barbecue) and some mulled wine for your tea after work. Plus, last year Roberts & Co. had a coffee stall there, so I'm hoping it'll be there again. There's also a new "Olde English Market" in the little square behind Sam's Chop House (sort of squished in between Cross Street and St. Ann's Square) that I'll have to check out. Hopefully they'll be selling things like homemade traditional steamed puddings and mince pies, and not just lots of manufactured stuff or Crabtree & Evelyn. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home