Tuesday, August 12, 2003

You know when you've had a long day, and you're due to do something after work but you don't have time to go home to change or freshen up - so you buy extras of things you already have at home, like deodorant or a clean t-shirt, just so you don't feel like a hag from hell? Well, anyhow - whenever this happens to me, the most annoying thing is finding a decent public ladies room to sort myself out if I can't do it at work (hint: avoid the Arndale stinky loos and go for the lovely ones at the Royal Exchange Theatre or the Triangle shopping centre - Molton Brown soap ooooh!) Basically, there is no way I'm going to do anything in public - I don't even like to retouch makeup without some privacy.

But not everyone is as picky as me. Because this morning I saw a girl standing on Cross Street in front of a bank, full array of beauty products around her, bent over massaging huge handfuls of mousse into her wet hair. What was she going to do - blow dry by plugging in at the HSBC?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home