Monday, June 09, 2003



I never thought I'd be saying this, but I have a show in NYC!!

My lovely friend Sheila has organised a Spectropop-related club night - and although I didn't think I'd be able to make it, it was meant to be after all. But much to my surprise, once I confirmed I had a flight she asked me to sing a couple of my songs before the main act, It's My Party. I'm elated but nervous too. What will the crowd be like? And my lovely friend Mick (who will be DJing along with Sheila and other S'pop members, just as he did at my 'do!) tells me that there will be some illustrious 60s scene guests. That's a bit knee knocking, so I've said I don't want to know who is there until *after* I sing.

As well as meeting some S'pop people who have only been email faces until now, I'll also be able to catch up with lovely Matt and lovely Brian, as I haven't seen them in three years.

Not only that, it's going to be a super girly weekend, since I'm staying with Sheila along with my friend Keiko from Tokyo and the girls from It's My Party. I just love quality "getting ready to go out" time, a la Actionettes...

Oh, it's just all too exciting. Someone pinch me!

For the full flyer and details, go to Sheila's site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home