Wednesday, April 02, 2003

As today is my usual (precious) morning off, I made sure I had a good charity shop snoop after posting a birthday parcel to my sister in Canada. I love nothing better than to hit the six best shops in my area after running errands, and I'm addicted to the buzz of anticipation - a bit like Jacques I guess.

My 60s fairy godmother must have been smiling on me today, as I managed to score lots of great vintage stuff. While I was in the PDSA, a sweet old lady stopped me to admire my finds (the best one being a Marc Jacobs-esque 60s white beaded clutch) and asked me what my shopping secret was. I wasn't sure - maybe having a good set of knees? (I didn't say that to her, of course.)

April is going to be a good month. I have over a week off between finishing at this job and starting the new one, and best of all - the temporary office at the new place is, I discovered, am 8 minute walk from my house. No more buses! Well, for a while anyhow. Part of my job will be to help them find a permanent office, and they have a pretty tight budget. I'm praying it won't end up being somewhere in north or east Manchester, because I seriously wouldn't have a clue as to how I'd get there by public transport - and certain areas would make me feel less than safe too.

Speaking of all things new, a spring clean for this ol' thing is on the way too. Watch this space.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Abner said...

It will not really have success, I feel this way.
registered nurse salary | check cashing | rn salary

8:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home