Wednesday, March 05, 2003

The other day, I finally started reading The Bell Jar. (I know, I must be the only 20 something who hasn't yet. The bf laughed and said I should have read it when I was on Catcher in the Rye at age 13.) And you know what? It's excellent. But it has this way of making you feel kind of crazy as she goes further round the bend. Yikes!

So. Things are still quite up and down at my (paid) work. I sent a long email in protest of all the cold calling to my manager and asked him to call me this morning. And there I was, reading The Bell Jar in bed and feeling kind of jittery when my mobile went. The conversation went just about nowhere and I have to confess I was in tears afterwards. I mean, what do you say when you're told that they're sorry I don't like cold calling, and they're sorry that it wasn't made clear at the time of the job interview and description, but that it's an integral part of the job. Brick wall anyone? I've complained to the agency, and they haven't responded yet either.

Oh well. At least we're going to see Pitman at Friends & Family this Saturday...although I think it's at the Music Box, not the Roadhouse. I'm looking forward to it, even if the Music Box has warm beer and a smattering of broken chairs. Not that the Roadhouse is much better...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cannot work in fact, that is what I consider.
nice 5 | look 7 | look 1 superb 4 | do not forget here | also 7 also 7 | look site

5:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home