Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Clearly something is wrong with me. I'm posting for the third time today!

I just wanted to say how much I love the new Bent album, Jar of Pickled Eyes, err, I mean The Everlasting Blink. I wasn't overly keen on the Go Kommando Ep that came out in October, but obviously I just had to get over the fact that the vocals on "Beautiful otherness" were done by the guy from the Beloved. Coming back to it now, it's absolutely fantastic - all sexy shuffling beats and cool tones. Overall, the cd has all the intelligent and thoughtful qualities I'd come to expect from them, but with a slightly more polished sound. I've played it at least 20 times since we got it on Saturday!

You'll see there is a Bent interview on the left side there, from last year. I must confess I was a bit miffed when I never heard from Simon again afterwards (did I say something wrong?) but I haven't let that sway me. Oh, and if you go here, you can get the details of a clinic they're running all next week in London. If I have time while I'm down there, I'll definitely have to check it out.

Incidentally, I knew one of the album tracks straight away, but I couldn't figure out why. Then I realised it's from the new Family Tax Credit ads that have been on telly. (Is it me, or is it a bit strange for a song to be used before the album comes out?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home