Monday, October 21, 2002

There's a first time for everything...

This morning, I was in a really foul mood. I was stressed out about a call I'd have to make to sort out a conflict over canceling my gym membership. A very long and boring story, but as you can imagine I don't like being threatened with collection agencies, especially when the losers are misquoting the Credit Consumer Act of 1974 and trying to squeeze more money than I owe through intimidation.

Anyhow, just before 9 AM I was in our guest room getting dressed, when I felt a really strange rumbling and shaking. I can't even describe it properly, because it stopped two seconds later and I'd never felt anything like it before. I thought maybe the neighbours were doing some major DIY, but it didn't feel right. I immediately hollered "what the f*&k was that?" down to the bf, but he probably thought I was just being stroppy. Besides, he hadn't noticed anything.

But it *was* an earthquake! The bf sent me this link just now, and one of my friends has written from work to say that some phone lines must be down because she hasn't been able to get through to a lot of numbers this morning.

So now I have an inkling of what Chig must have felt during the (much bigger!) Brummie quake. It's weird..it throws your sense of perception because, well, solid ground isn't supposed to move. The feeling of loss of control is pretty freaky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home