Monday, September 30, 2002

I think I've just accomplished the impossible - a tasteful press release!

Various people have suggested ideas for promoting Slow Fizz to the local press in Manchester, so it was time to try and put something together. The only problem: I *hate* press releases. I mean, when's the last time you read one that a) wasn't peppered with spelling mistakes b) wasn't a big pile o' cheese and c) made you actually want to listen/watch/attend? Most stuff we've ever gotten in the post is, well... who lets these people near a keyboard, anyhow?

So how do you sound enthusiastic yet dignified? Thorough without being trainspotter? (after all, a lot of the records we'll be playing aren't very well-known.)

But it's done, and it's pretty good. My favourite line? "You'll see bouffants next to beer bellies, and we think that's great!"

Now I just have to sleuth up on who to send it to so it doesn't land in the Big Recycling Bin in the Sky...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home