Monday, May 06, 2002

You know that scene in Spaced where Tim is jubilantly walking down the street because Sara has dumped Dwayne Benzies? Fantastic Plastic Machine in the background, Tim does a cartwheel and bops a football off his head? (later, Brian replays the same scene when Twist accepts a date - but the football knocks him out.) Anyhow, that pretty much sums up how I've been feeling since Thursday. Why, you ask? Because...

I. Handed. In. My. NOTICE!!!

Yes, that's right. On Thursday something snapped. I'd gone beyond being able to put up with everything and marched into HR.

I'm kind of lucky, really. Despite a somewhat argumentative meeting with my boss on Friday, things smoothed out in the end (you could call it Tongue Biting) so I'll have a good reference.

And what a buzz! I have more energy today than I did for six months. Even the evil producer doesn't bother me as much because I know I have exactly 17 working days left. Ner ner ner ner ner.

Of course no one at the office can believe that I'm actually leaving with No Job To Go To. But I've always been this way - once I've made my mind up, there's no turning back, for better or for worse. When I was younger, this often meant 'for worse'. But I'm quietly optimistic - 3 jobs applied for, all of which I more than qualify for - so there's no reason why I shouldn't at least get an interview or two. I've got more in the bank account than I did when I moved here, so even a couple of weeks off won't tighten the belt much.

But for now, I'm going to:

a) enjoy Royksopp tonight at the Hop & Grape, and

b) enjoy our trip to Stockholm as of Thursday.

p.s. Go and see Italian for Beginners. Feel-good Dogme, we like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home