Tuesday, May 21, 2002

This page was down all day due to a blogger problem that I didn't catch as I was in studio all day, sweetie dahling - so very sorry.

So. Just been to see Dot Allison at the Hop & Grape. Her set, which was a short but sweet 45 minutes, was mainly stuff from "We Are Science" (fine by me!) but with the addition of a fuzzed out version of "Mo Pop" and even an old One Dove song at the end. It was, of course, gorgeous. I love her funny little dance moves that are just awkward enough to be endearing rather than sexy. And for once I was actually appreciative of the early finish since I've been on my feet all day.

But at the back of my mind, I keep thinking about a little boy I met today who came in to tell his story about a near-miss electrocution. Thousands of volts charged through his body when he was shimmying a bridge in the rain - in via his leg and out via his abdomen. He showed me his scars. They're healed, but will leave a great deal of his body severely disfigured for life. I won't descend into fromage land by going on about what a little trooper he was...but damn it, he *was*!

Still away tomorrow and it's a late finish, so there might be no a'bloggin until Thursday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Horatio said...

I may add that Please check http://sweptfat.com as taht's the site with incredibly good stuff to deliver.Very much thanks for information.
9 | 2 | 8

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home