Tuesday, April 09, 2002

I took the tram to the gym last night. As usual, loads of call-centre hacks piled on at the stop after mine. I've always thought them a strange bunch, but none so gross as the guy who sat next to me. He composed text messages non-stop, his knuckle joints cracking all the while. I felt seriously ill when I got off.

Monday telly, mostly crap as usual. Can anyone explain why the incredibly vile Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps got recommissioned? I can't. Canned laughter, cheap sets, cheap jokes, Bev Callard (aka Liz "Stop it Jeeem!" McDonald)... It's a shame, because I really expect more from Ralf Little (Anthony from the Royle Family), Sheridan Smith (Emma from the Royle Family) and even Natalie Casey (MTV VJ brat, but some absolution for her work on Big Brother, Little Brother last summer alongside yummy Dermot O'Leary.)

In a quality contrast, Jessica Stevenson was on Room 101. For those who don't know the show, the star guest is asked to provide a list of things they hate. With host Paul Merton's assistance, they decide which ones get chucked into the bin. Jess chose free love, British winters, marzipan, long distance running, and Anne Robinson. Everything was banished apart from free love, strangely! The bf was upset about the anti-marzipan campaign, but we have to allow Jess a few faults.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great deal of effective info for me!
4 | 3 | here look | ! | - . | look

2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home