Monday, March 18, 2002

Ugh, still feeling cruddy today. I think I have "sick-of-my-job-itis". Sigh.

On a happy note, I found the most amazing kitchen cabinet in Failsworth yesterday. Cheers to my pal E for the tip, although the poor bf was not so cheerful when he realised we'd have to tie the car boot down because it was so big. Ever suffering! It's from the 1940s I think, and in need of some TLC - paint stripping, glass repair. My very first restoration project...

Please, please do see The Royal Tenenbaums - it opened this weekend in the UK. I'll preface by saying it wasn't *quite* as brilliant as Rushmore, but nearly. I even forgot I was enjoying a movie that stars Ben Stiller - a miracle in itself! I won't review it as so many already have - let's talk about what made us laugh the most instead. And that was the paintings in Eli Cash's apartment (played by Owen Wilson) - 80s looking oil painting depicting natives on motorcycles. None of us could stop giggling!

Anyhow, I was curious to find out more about the painter, Miguel Calderon. Did you know Wes Anderson bought one of his paintings and wrote it into the script? I love stuff like that. Here's a virtual tour of the pieces they used.

I also discovered that Alvin Hall (happy American who advises Brits on how to get out of debt etc.) owns several of his paintings. How bizarre!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bryan said...

It can't really have effect, I think this way.
landscaping | design magazines | shit sex

1:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't really think it will work.
you may 4 | good 8 | nice site you may 8 | superb 2 | good here check here | check 1

5:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home