Tuesday, February 26, 2002

There is a *tree* floating in the quay outside my office. That's how serious the storms were in Manchester last night!

Speaking of storms, what a brouhaha at work today. Yesterday afternoon I got a one-month job offer from a TV company I'd love to work for - if it had been for longer I would have seriously considered handing in my notice. I plucked up the courage to ask my boss if he would consider "loaning" me for the month, seeing as it's quiet here anyhow and it would save them some salary. Cheeky? Maybe. But I had to ask. A year ago, I never would have had the guts, so at least that's something.

Unsurprisingly, the answer was no. I was upset, had a cry in the loo and then composed myself in time to go out for someone's birthday lunch. I guess I bounced back because I feel like it's broken the cycle. A therapist once told me once that 9 times out of 10, just acknowledging that something needs to be sorted made her clients' problems vanish.

Of course booking a holiday this afternoon to Stockholm didn't do any harm either! We thought about going for Eurovision, but I couldn't let down our fellow partymates in Manchester so it's early May instead. Se du siden mig sylt sill!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Samuel said...

Well, I do not really believe this will have success.
2 | liked it | 1

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home