Thursday, December 20, 2001

Ah, the christmas countdown. Come into work late, drink coffee and play on the internet all day - no one cares!

We went to see Birdie at Night & Day last night. Actually, we saw them for about 10 minutes - Debsey was really ill, but struggled through a couple of songs before making her apologies. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use my new crappy little digital camera, because a) I was too shy and b) I didn't feel right about snapping pictures of someone who looked like they were about to keel over. Paul actually came around to everyone afterwards and handed out free cd album samplers - bless!

Now, we got two and only need one, so here's a little contest - the first person who can tell me where the expression "dutch courage" comes from will get one sampler posted to them. E-mail me via my name link at the end of the post....

Why dutch courage? Just something I was missing last night when I wanted to chat to opening band I Am The World (shortened from you-know-what) despite two big bottles of Budvar! I always feel like I should go up and talk to North Americans when I meet any, especially in Manchester...

Have you seen the story on the world's funniest joke on the news and in the papers this morning? I'm sorry, but it was about as funny as Chubby Brown! (I implore you, look at the link if you don't know him to get an instant mental picure.) The article went on to say that in a survey of which nations found the 10,000 submitted jokes funniest, Canada came last, and Germany first. I would be deeply insulted, but when an average submission was "What kind of murderer has fibre? A cereal killer" then I'm actually quite glad that my fine nation, who brought you SCTV and Kids in the Hall, preserved their dignity.

Later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cuthbert said...

Here, I do not actually consider this will have success.
wedding loans | radiologist salary | registered nurse salary

7:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home